This post is also available in: Greek
Activities before the Activation
There are certain criteria that must be met to activate the Alert. The operators must make sure that all the criteria from the checklist below are met to proceed with the following activities. These are:
CHECK LIST OF THE CRITERIA TO ENSURE ACTIVATION
- The minor must be under 18 years of age (according to Criminal and Penal Code Act).
- Cyprus Police
- The Cyprus Police must confirm that an abduction has taken place. Criminal investigations are the sole responsibility of the Cyprus Police.
- The child must be at risk of serious injury or death
- The child who has left home and is considered missing
- Criminal child abduction by a third person
- The child who has disappeared and is considered to be at risk